Time to start planning!
The spring real estate selling season will be upon us before you know it. It’s the time of year that most people with a move on their minds start getting serious about planning. Springtime usually sees a significant increase in the supply of homes for sale. Activity picks up quickly once the warm weather arrives and competition ramps up.
You’ll have three major areas of concern to address before putting up a for sale sign. Arrange for financing - get pre-approved for your mortgage before you do anything else. The pre-approval process examines your financial state and determines your credit-worthiness. When complete, you’ll get a certification letter to let sellers know you’re serious and ready.
Choose a real estate agent – The best place to start looking is by asking your family, friends and colleagues for referrals. An amazing number of agents are chosen based on the experiences of your most trusted contacts.
Prepare your home for sale – Though you should think carefully before making any major purchases or improvements to up your home’s resale value, these actions should be on your to-do list:
- Make sure you complete those minor home fix-ups
- Most homes can benefit from fresh paint and newly cleaned carpets
- Declutter your living space so it looks as large as possible
- Clean your home from top to bottom to get it looking and smelling its best
- Depersonalize your home so it represents more of a “blank canvas” to buyers
- Consider getting a building inspection to head off problems in advance
- Consider using a staging professional to enhance your home’s visuals
Buying a new home is an exciting process. Contact a Lake Michigan Credit Union mortgage pro today for guaranteed low mortgage rates*, low closing costs, and an unbeatable selection of mortgage products for any situation.
*Lake Michigan Credit Union will match legitimate competitor offers or credit the borrower $300 off closing costs. Our low rate guarantee cannot be combined with any other offers.