Postal Service Money Orders
- Check that the amount does not exceed the legal limit: $1,000 for domestic and $700 for international postal money orders.
- When held to the light, a watermark of Benjamin Franklin is repeated from top to bottom on the left side. Also, when held to the light a dark line (security thread) runs from top to bottom with the word “USPS” repeated.
- If the money order seems suspicious call the U.S. Postal Service Money Order Verification System at (866) 459-7822.
- The MoneyGram logo located on the front of the money order just above the account information has a heat sensitive security feature which changes from pink to white when warm.
- If the money order seems suspicious call MoneyGram for verification at (800) 542-3590.