August 2, 2016
Teachers can request supplies at LMCU.org/onepencil
• Lined paper
• Color marker pens
• Dry-rease markers
• Glue sticks and glue bottles
• Packaged notebook paper
• Packaged construction paper
• Packaged pens
• Packaged pencils
• Kleenex boxes
• Hand sanitizer
• Cash donations
Together we make a difference, one pencil at a time.
De-stressing about money
Financial experts often suggest taking a direct approach to analyzing your relationship with money so that you can manage financial stress. Some recommend taking one or more of the following steps that can help lead to financial wellness.
1. Understand the role of good health in your life. Money is never a substitute.
2. Prioritize your savings and control your spending. Warren Buffett said it best: “Do not save what is left after spending, but spend what is left after saving.”
3. Budget. You cannot manage your finances without a plan.
4. Plan for life events. Experts suggest setting aside specific “buckets” for near-term emergencies, education and long-term retirement.
5. Locate a trusted source for advice. This could be a colleague at work, an investment professional or a close relative who is sensible about money.
6. Participate. Get the most out of the benefit programs you’re offered at work.
7. Choose carefully. Select “sleep well” investments that don’t cause anxiety.
Sometimes all it takes to get comfortable is some unbiased guidance. Call Lake Michigan Investment Services at (616) 234-6301 for a free, no-obligation appraisal of your finances.
• Greener – no more paper waste
• Organized – easy to file and find
• Space saving – store them online, or on your computer
• Convenient – delivered right to your email inbox
How to enter:
All current LMCU members who have signed up for eStatements are automatically registered to win. If you still get traditional paper statements for your LMCU banking and mortgage accounts, you can make the switch to eStatements by logging into online banking, clicking on the Other Services tab and clicking on eStatements/eNotices sign up link, or by visiting any branch location. Entry deadline is September 15, 2016. Sign up today!
*For more information and complete contest rules, please visit lmcu.org/estatements or visit any branch.